HHFF will serve military children dealing with a parent facing multiple deployments and the children of wounded and fallen soldier’s in Operation Enduring Freedom / Operation Iraqi Freedom. Provide financial assistance and mentoring for the following activities on behalf of military children:
- Academic assistance – Tutor based fees
- Sports entry fees – Individual and Team
- Day care fees
- Art classes, music lessons and educational based program fees
- Camp program entry fees (i.e. football camp, space and science camp, etc.)
- After-school programs and mentorship program fees
- Counseling services not covered by insurance.
Provide emergency financial assistance to military families who have children and are facing financial hardships as a direct result of a parent being wounded, injured, or lost at war.
- Housing Expenses-mortgage (saving homes from foreclosure), rent, repairs, insurance
- Vehicle expenses- payments, insurance, repairs
- Utilities, including primary phone
- Food and incidentals
- Children’s clothing, diapers, formula, necessary school or childcare expenses
- Medical bills, prescriptions & eyeglasses- the patient’s portion for necessary or emergency medical care only
- Appliance repair
- HHFF will provide assistance with travel expenses when family members and non-conforming “relatives” (fiancé, best friend, grandparents, or significant other) request the need to be with a service member during treatment of rehabilitation, or when a service member has been fatally wounded.
- Additional financial aid to be provided on a case per case basis